The Ports 3536 (from the client to the server) and a backchannel on Port 3537 (from the server to the client) must be opened.
- Install DDM both on the server and on the client
- On the client open ddm-download and in Settings->Preferences->Advanced enter the servers IP address.
- On the server follow the procedure above (this is needed because the server by default only listen to localhost)
- Start ddm-downloadd on the server
- Open ddm-download on the client. All downloads are now processed on the server and located in ~/downloads